Easy Avocado Dip
Quick and easy, ideal for kids’ lunchboxes
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 large avocados, chopped
- 1 small tomato, de-seeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs lime juice
- Place avocado in a bowl. Using a fork, mash until almost smooth.
- Add tomato, garlic and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Serve with multigrain chips
Avocado & Potato Salad
A great spin to the traditional potato salad
- 150g small green beans, trimmed
- 150g small butter beans, trimmed
- 800g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 100g sliced pancetta
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/3 cup dill sprigs
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add green beans and butter beans. Cook for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander and refresh under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Return water to the boil.
- Add potatoes to saucepan and cook for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Cut in half lengthways.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Place pancetta on a baking tray and grill for 5 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Tear into small pieces.
- Arrange beans, potatoes, pancetta and avocado on a platter. Combine mayonnaise, lime rind and 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice in a bowl. Pour dressing over salad. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over dill.
- Serve with pan-fried, grilled or barbecued fish.
Chicken, Mushroom & Avocado Fettucine
Easy to make with terrific textures
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 400g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 350g fettuccine
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 tbs fresh dill sprigs
- Mixed salad
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in stock, cream and mustard. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions, until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan.
- Slice chicken across the grain. Add the chicken and sauce to the pasta. Toss until well combined. Carefully toss in the avocado and dill, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with salad.